SHERA Membership Renewals
Membership in the Society of Historians of East European, Eurasian, and Russian Art and Architecture (SHERA) is open to all those interested in the study of the visual and material cultures of Eastern Europe, Eurasia, and Russia from the pre-modern periods into the present. SHERA has members across the world and continues to grow as an organization. Please consider renewing your SHERA Membership for 2020, and encourage other friends and colleagues to join! SHERA Membership is open to students, teachers of any rank at any institution (elementary, secondary, college, university), art and architecture professionals, independent scholars, curators, librarians, art dealers, collectors, and any other individual or institutions who are interested in the work and mission of the organization.
SHERA members receive the following benefits:
· Regular news and updates through SHERA’s communication platform, the H-SHERA network on H-Net.
· SHERA Website with details about the organization and resources
· SHERA Directory with specialists in East European, Eurasian, and Russian art and architecture
· SHERA Reviews of recent publications
· Sponsorship of Conference Sessions: SHERA sponsors sessions at CAA and ASEEES every year.
· Graduate Student / Independent Scholar Research Grant in the amount of $500 for research and/or study toward the completion of a thesis, dissertation, or publication (deadline: April 15)
· Graduate Student / Independent Scholar Travel Grants for CAA and ASEEES to defray the cost of attending the conference (deadlines: June 1 for ASEEES; October 1 for CAA)
· Emerging Scholar Prize that recognizes and encourages original and innovative scholarship in the field (deadline: September 30)
Memberships are valid 1 January 2020 - 31 December 2020.
2020 MEMBERSHIP FEES (in USD): Student ($15), Member ($30), Contributor ($50), Sustainer ($100), Patron ($250), Sponsor ($500).
Institutions can become SHERA Institutional Members ($150), which includes a free individual membership for a representative of the institution.
You may JOIN or RENEW your membership online (http://www.shera-art.org/membership/renew.php) or with a check, mailed to the address on the attached form. Please, be in touch if you have any questions or concerns.